Savory Bread Pudding With Spinach, Mushrooms & Italian SausageFrom cheffiona 3 years ago
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 4 cups cubed bread shopping list
- 1 cup frozen spinach shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup red bell pepper or sun dried tomatoes shopping list
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 cup cheese (your choice) shopping list
- 6 cooked Italian sausages ( remove skin) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Whisk eggs in bowl add the milk and hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and whisk until blended add the bread and stir to coat well cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and then coat an 8 by 8 dish with cooking spray.
- 3. Cook the spinach according to package instructions drain refresh with cold water and squeeze out excess moisture, Set aside.
- 4. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat add the italian sausage, onions, bell peppers or sun dried tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms and spinach and some of the cheese and cook until onions are tender and add the mixture to the bread and egg mixture and stir until well blended and then place in the dish.
- 5. Then take a larger dish than the one with the mixture in and put the smaller one inside and then pour in boiling water half way up the sides and place in oven for 50-60 minutes and when done you can eat hot or cold.
The Cookcheffiona Las Vegas, Nevada
- Not added to any groups yet!