Baked Pork ChopsFrom TheMerritts 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 4 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- A few splashes of Tapatio (optional- adds a little kick) shopping list
- 6 pork chops, trimmed (bone-in or boneless) shopping list
- To thicken sauce after cooking, if needed: mix 1 tbsp corn starch into 2 tbsp cold water, stir into sauce and cook until thickened before serving. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat, and brush with oil.
- Working in batches, brown pork chops until golden but not cooked all the way through.
- Place browned pork chops in an oven-proof baking pan in a single layer.
- Pour sauce over each pork chop, turning to coat.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour most of the liquid into a saucepan. Recover and continue baking chops 15-30 min or until the internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
- To thicken sauce, if needed: Place in saucepan over medium heat. In a cup, stir together 1 tablespoon corn starch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Pour and stir into sauce, simmering until thickened.
- Serve chops with sauce over rice or potatoes.
The CookTheMerritts Salem, Or
The Rating1 people
This was a very nice recipe. The sauce was wonderful. I had two small chops so I only cooked them for 30 minutes so I did need to thicken the sauce a bit. Thanks for a nice dinner. More in the IMI thread here
morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
I made these again tonight and added another picture. As good as ever! A few more comments in the IMI thread below.
10/30/13frankieanne in Ukiah loved it