Sausage Gravy (Southern Style!)From Addicted2Sunkist 4 years ago
- 1 Package (about 8-12 Oz) sausage - I used Farmer John's Original sausage links for mine. shopping list
- 2 1/2 - 3 Cups whole milk - Use less for thicker and more for thinner shopping list
- 1/4-1/3 Cup flour - More will make it thicker, less will make it thinner shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Brown Sausage in large Pan.
- Remove Sausage once browned, LEAVE THE GREASE IN THE PAN. Set Sausage aside.
- Remove pan from heat and melt butter in the grease.
- Return to burner on Medium heat and then add flour. Mix until almost smooth and golden brown.
- Whisk in milk until it mixes well. Continue to simmer on low - medium heat until at a slight boil.
- Reduce heat (you should notice it thickening as it cools. If you want it to be thicker whisk in a little more flour at this time).
- Break Sausage into small pieces and add it to the mixture.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low for about 10 Mins.
- Remove from heat and let it thicken just a little.. Then serve it over fresh biscuits!! And there you go :)
People Who Like This Dish 9
- Cherrill Pizarra, Spain
- DaleInCO Centennial, CO
- angelkisses Lexington, SC
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- SadiesMom Nowhere, Us
- Mimi0E Rancho San Diego, CA
- sweetstacia Hutto, TX
- 1HappyHermit SouthWest, VA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Addicted2Sunkist Simpsonville, SC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔