Spiced Shrimp Noodle BowlFrom gkwillow 3 years ago
- about 8 large raw shrimp (or more depending on size) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Thai sweet chili sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of honey shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 big handful of baby spinach shopping list
- I used linguine - use your favorite pasta, soba noodles, or ramen shopping list
How to make it
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw a little by running them under cool water for a few minutes. Peel and remove tails.
- Mix together the oil, seasonings, chili sauce, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss them with the spice mixture, along with the onions. Marinate 10 to 30 minutes.
- Boil water for the noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Dump in the shrimp and onions, with all the oil and seasoning mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat for a few minutes until the onions are soft and the shrimp are opaque and cooked through. (Do not overcook or the shrimp will have a "rubbery" texture!)
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Drain the pasta over the spinach to wilt it and stir both into the shrimp in the skillet. Stir well to coat with the sauce (adding some of the reserved liquid, if necessary), and remove the skillet from the heat to avoid overcooking the shrimp.
- Serve immediately garnished with green onion tops.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!