Sauteed Cabbage & KielbasaFrom recipeguru 6 years ago
How to make it
- Add 1 T oil to skillet & heat the kielbasa See Photo
- Remove & set aside
- In same skillet, heat second tablespoon of olive oil
- Add the sliced onion & bell pepper; saute a few seconds only (they'll cook more with the cabbage; giving it this brief saute seems to open up the flavors to me!)
- Add the cabbage & saute about 5 mins, stirring gently. See Photo
- Add the kielbasa, water, sugar, and red pepper flakes; stir and cover.
- Reduce heat to low & simmer until cabbage is done (should be tender-crisp, not limp & soggy), about 15-20 minutes.
- about the pictures...recently bought a 7pc kitchenware set -- bad idea -- the skillet is way smaller than what I'm used to using so I ended up sauteeing the kielbasa in it, the cabbage in my Dutch oven, then combined the whole dish in the skillet!
The Cookrecipeguru Charleston, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!