Chicken Breasts With Lemon "cream" Piccata SauceFrom sosousme 2 years ago
- 4 (4 - 5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 cup water (or you could use chicken broth) shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine (this is a good use for left-over white wine, if you have left-over white wine) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 10 peppercorns shopping list
- 2 lemon slices shopping list
- 1 - 2 parsley sprigs shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup homemade or low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-fat (2%) milk, mixed with 2 teaspoons corn starch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 - 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Start your poaching liquid: In a skillet with a cover, combine the water (or broth), white wine, bay leaf, peppercorns, lemon slices and parsley sprigs. Bring to a simmer; cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts; cover and simmer for 5 minutes, turn, simmer for 5 minutes more. Turn off the heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes (do not "boil" the breasts, that will make them dry and tough. You want barely a simmer to poach them in.)
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan combine the dry white wine and chicken broth. Add the lemon zest to the milk/cornstarch mixture. Once the chicken broth/wine mixture has come to a simmer, stir in the cornstarch mixture. When it has started to thicken, add the butter, capers and half of the parsley. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Remove the poached chicken to 4 warmed plates; spoon the sauce over; sprinkle with additional parsley and serve.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!