Miniature Brioche Buns For SlidersFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- 3 tablespoons warm whole milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large organic eggs shopping list
- 3 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- egg wash & sesame seeds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Manual Method:
- 1. In a glass measuring cup, combine one cup warm water, the milk, yeast and sugar. Let stand until foamy, about five minutes. Meanwhile, beat one egg.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk flours with salt. Add butter and rub into flour between your fingers, making crumbs. Using a dough scraper, stir in yeast mixture and beaten egg until a dough forms. Scrape dough onto clean, well-floured counter and knead, scooping dough up, slapping it on counter and turning it, until smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes. The dough will be on the sticky side so it can be a bit messy, but keep in mind that the more flour you knead in, the tougher the buns will get. Try to leave them tackier than you would a round loaf.
- 3. Shape dough into a ball and return it to bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
- Bread Machine Method:
- Add ingredients in order suggested by your bread machine manufacturer. Run on dough cycle. Remove finished dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Roll half of the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness or slightly more. Cut out with a 1 1/2-inch cutter. You could make your sandwiches slightly larger using a 2-inch cutter for slider buns. Repeat with the remaining dough. For a nicer shape, take each dough round and form into a ball, then flatten slightly with your hand. Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- If topping with sesame seeds, brush each bun with egg wash and sprinkle them on. See Photo
- Bake in a preheated 375° for 15 to 18 minutes, or until browned. Remove from oven and let cool on rack. Split the cooled buns and fill as desired.