Flank Steak Lo Mein With Homemade Hoisin SauceFrom gkwillow 4 years ago
- Hoisin Marinade: shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (I used dark for better color) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- 1lb tenderized flank steak shopping list
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut in thin strips shopping list
- 4 green onions, cut in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- cooked linguine, spaghetti, soba noodles, ramen or your choice of noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Mix hoisin marinade ingredients. Thinly slice beef and toss to combine with marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for several hours.
- Remove beef strips from marinade (reserve hoisin marinade) and saute in a small amount of olive oil until brown. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, fry the cabbage, green onions, and carrots until tender. Return beef to skillet, add reserved hoisin. Add cooked pasta/noodles to skillet along with a bit of the pasta cooking water, if necessary. Simmer for a few minutes to combine flavors and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!