Almost Classic Pork Fried RiceFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 2 TB peanut oil or olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt,divided shopping list
- 1/2 lb boneless pork loin chop,cut in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped green onion bottoms(white part ) shopping list
- 2 TB minced garlic shopping list
- 2 TB minced,peeled,fresh ginger shopping list
- 3 c cooked ,chilled long-grain brown rice (or white,brown is healthier) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3 TB mirin or dry sherry shopping list
- 3 TB lower-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsap dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 tso fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 c fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/4 c cannes,diced water chestnuts,rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 c chopped green onion tops shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add 1 TB peanut oil to pan,swirl to coat Sprinkle 1/8 tsp salt over pork. Add pork to pan and saute for 2 minsor till browned on all sides
- Remove pork from pan. Add carrot and celery to pan and saute 2 mins or till lightly browned,stirring frequently. Add carrots mixture to pork.
- Add remaining 1 TB peanut oil to pan,swirling to coat. Stir in green onion bottoms,garlic and ginger;cook 15 seconds,stirring constantly. Add rice,stirring well to coat rice with oil;cook without stirring,for 2 mins or till edges begin to brown. Stir rice mixture and cook without stirring ,an additional 2 min or till edges begin to brown. Make a well in center of rice mixture.
- Add egg,stir-fry for 30 seconds or till soft-scrambled,stirring constantly.
- Retuen por mixture to pan. Stir in mirin or sherry and cook 1 min or till mirin is absorbed. Stir in remaing 3/8 tsp salt,soy sauce,sesame oil and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in bean sprouts and water chestnuts.
- Sprinkle with green onion tops.