Tomato RiceFrom gourmetana 6 years ago
- 8 oz long-grain rice (or short-grain rice, sometimes I use this too, depending on my mood :)) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 big ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 pinch sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- water - 2 and 1/2 times the volume of rice (2 cups rice = 5 cups water) shopping list
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the onion in the oil for about 5 minutes stirring occasionaly.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and parsley and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the water into the tomato mixture and add a pinch of sugar, this will reduce the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and add rice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until tender (about 25 minutes) and taste for salt before serving in case you need to add more.
- This rice shouldn't be too dry (see photo)
- Serve immediately.