Bull's Eye Pulled Pork SandwhichFrom mjvdeven 3 years ago
- avocado Blue Berry Chipotle Pulled pork Sandwich on Bull’s Eye butter toast shopping list
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder roast, about 6 pounds shopping list
- 3 TBs of salt shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 16 oz. of blueberries shopping list
- 1 minced chipotle in adobo sauce shopping list
- 3 TBs of butter shopping list
- 1 TBs salt shopping list
- 4 TBs of sugar or honey shopping list
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or lemon juice shopping list
- 2 pieces of toast (for each sandwich) shopping list
- 2 eggs (for each sandwich) shopping list
- 1 TBs butter (for each sandwich) shopping list
- ½ avocado (for each sandwich) shopping list
- 1 TBs sour cream (for each sandwich) shopping list
- 1 slice of Cheddar (for each sandwich) shopping list
How to make it
- Avocado Blue Berry Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwich on Bull’s Eye Butter Toast
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder roast, about 6 pounds
- 3 TBs of salt
- 2 cups of water
- 16 oz. of blueberries
- 1 minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 TBs of butter
- 1 TBs salt
- 4 TBs of sugar or honey
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 pieces of toast (for each sandwich)
- 2 eggs (for each sandwich)
- 1 TBs Butter (for each sandwich)
- ½ Avocado (for each sandwich)
- 1 TBs Sour Cream (for each sandwich)
- 1 slice of Cheddar (for each sandwich)
- Pulled Pork - Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large coverable roasting pot make a thrown for the pork shoulder to elevate the pork shoulder off the bottom of the big roasting pot (ex. Toaster oven rack, tops of smaller casserole dishes, ect). Evenly salt the pork shoulder and place on its thrown. Add water to the bottom of the roasting pot. Cover the roasting pot and place in the oven. Let pork bake for 5 hours.
- Remove Roast from oven, drain away liquid, and shred meat with two forks. Set meat aside.
- Blue Berry Chipotle Sauce - Heat a pan to medium heat; add butter, blueberries, chipotles, and salt. Cook for 5 minutes. Pour contents of pan into a blender. Also to blender add the sugar and red wine vinegar. Blend, and pour into a separate container, set in fridge.
- Making Sandwiches
- Lay down two pieces of toast. Using the top of a drinking cup press down on the toast to make a hole for the egg. Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat. Melt butter in a pan, place toast in pan, place and egg in the whole in the toast. Cook about 2 minutes on each side. Remove Bull’s Eye toast from pan.
- Place some shredded pork on toast, lather on the Blue Berry sauce, add a slice of cheddar, avocado slices, and a dollop of sour cream.
The Cookmjvdeven Annapolis, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!