Slow Cooked Salmon With Leeks And TomatoesFrom laika 2 years ago
- 8-12 oz salmon, cut into two fillets shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 large leeks, halved vertically and thinkly sliced shopping list
- 1 large handful grape tomatoes, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs capers, or more to taste shopping list
- 1 tbs parsley or dill, or more/less to taste shopping list
- salt shopping list
- splash of red wine or apple cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Line a shallow baking dish with foil and smear with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and place it, skin side up, on the foil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until it's just starting to flake.
- While the salmon is baking, sautee the leeks in a bit of olive oil with a good pinch of salt. When they are melty and tender remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heap the tomatoes, capers and herbs onto a cutting board. Sprinkle with the other tsp of olive oil and a splash of vinegar. Chop everything together roughly to meld the flavors.
- Divide the leeks between two plates. Remove the skin from the salmon and place a fillet over each serving of leeks. Top with the tomato mixture and serve, accompanied by wedges of lemon, if you like.
The Cooklaika New York, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!