Whole Wheat Ricotta Pancakes With Citrus Buttered Honey SyrupFrom keni 6 years ago
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2t baking powder shopping list
- 1/2t salt shopping list
- 1/4t fresh nutmeg, grated shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, strained well, if not the 'dry' variety shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2T honey shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- shortening, bacon grease, butter or oil for griddle, if desired shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups honey shopping list
- 2T fresh lemon or 3T fresh orange juice(I used orange, but lemon is great with ricotta, so your choice) shopping list
- 4T butter shopping list
- 2t lemon or orange zest shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix with fork.
- In another medium bowl, whisk eggs until slightly foaming and bubbly around the edges.
- fold in cheese, vanilla and honey then add buttermilk and combine well.
- Slowly add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and fold to mix until JUST combined.
- Cook on prepared, hot griddle(medium heat for no stick, but you can cook on a lower heat if using cast iron, like I do) until bubbling on the edges, about 3 minutes or so, then flip, and cook another 2-3, until done.
- Heat honey, juice and butter over medium heat, in small, heavy saucepan, to boil. Immediately reduce heat to very low and simmer about 10 minutes, just to reduce slightly. (do not over heat or over cook, or you will make candy ;)
- Add zest and stir. Let cool slightly before serving over pancakes.