Creamy Farfalle & Pepper ChickenFrom icecreamuffin 6 years ago
- 1 box whole wheat farfalle (bowtie) pasta shopping list
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed) shopping list
- 2 cups grape tomatoes shopping list
- 2 large zucchini, chopped. shopping list
- 2 small white onions shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella shopping list
- 1 cup freshly shaved parmesan shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- white wine of your choice shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- several leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced shopping list
- oregano, salt, freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a dutch oven on high, and coat bottom with olive oil until smoking. Rub chicken breasts liberally with oregano, salt, and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Carefully place chicken in dutch oven (tongs are handy).
- Chop up one onion & one garlic clove, add to dutch oven. Brown chicken on both sides, then turn burner to medium, add a splash of white wine and cover. Chicken is done when juices run clear; about 25-30 minutes.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pan, heat more olive oil, and add tomatoes, second onion & garlic clove, and basil. Season with salt & pepper. Cook until tomatoes begin to burst.
- Boil water for the pasta. When draining al dente pasta, reserve 1/4 cup of starchy water.
- When chicken is done, remove from dutch oven and let rest on a cutting board (at least 10 minutes), then slice very thin. Transfer pasta to dutch oven, and pour in reserved water. Add the tomato-basil mixture to pasta. Add mozzarella, parmesan, & milk; mix well. Keep warm on low.
- In the same large pan, heat more olive oil and add zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Zest the lemon and add to zucchini. Halve the lemon and squeeze one half of the juice over zucchini.
- Serve farfalle, chicken, and zucchini together on a plate, and garnish with fresh basil & parmesan.
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!