Marinated Pork Chops With Dijon Mushroom Cream SauceFrom keni 4 years ago
For Pork Chops
- 3lbs bone-in or boneless pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1/4cup Raspberry, pomegranate or cherry all fruit preserves shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 2T Dijon mustard shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
For Dijon mushrooms Cream Sauce
- 4-5T bacon grease(reserved from this recipe; Classy Ed Up Collard Greens , if desired(they are VERY good together ;) shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 shallots, minced shopping list
- 1 cup sparkling wine or juice( I used sparkling apple wine, also from above recipe ;) shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all marinade ingredients in medium glass bowl and whisk well.
- Pour over pork chops in larger bowl or zipper bag. Toss to coat.
- Let sit at least 1 hour, or up to overnight
- Grill or broil chops over medium high heat until just done to 150-160 degrees(will increase to safe temp of 165 upon resting)
- Saute mushrooms and shallots in bacon grease for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine and Dijon and stir to combine.
- Simmer about 4 more minutes to thicken, slightly
- Add half and half and salt and pepper and continue to simmer to thicken and keep heated.
- Serve sauce over chops.