Lamb Loin Chops With Balsamic Plum ReductionFrom keni 4 years ago
- 8 lamb loin chops(about 3lbs, bone in-about 2 per person) shopping list
- 1/3cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- juice from 1 large lemon shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 medium sprigs fresh rosemary, needles removed shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- steak seasoning, heavy on the black pepper(I use dry Worcestershire) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 3T butter shopping list
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- about 20 prunes, chopped shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme(whole is okay, they will be removed) shopping list
- 1T honey shopping list
- 1T Dijon shopping list
- 1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream(optional, but I LOVE what this finish does to the sauce :) shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper and kosher or sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients. See Photo
- Add chops and toss to coat. See Photo
- Let rest at room temperature about 30 minutes.
- Grill, broil or cook on stove top in cast iron, over high heat. Sear on one side and cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn and continue to cook about 3 minutes, or until internal temperature is about 140.
- Let rest, covered with foil, about 10 minutes.
For Plum Reduction
- In small, heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients except half and half and salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce heat slightly to high simmer and continue to cook about 12-15 minutes until thickened. See Photo
- Turn off heat. Remove Thyme sprigs
- Just before ready to plate, season with salt and pepper and add half and half and whisk well.
- *yes, I call this Plum Reduction because Prune reduction just doesn't sound as nice ;)