Yummeh! Spiced Yam FriesFrom chefmal 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven for 400 F
- Wash the yam, then with a sharp knife, cut the yam into shoestring fries. You can cut them into steak fries too but I like the shoestring ones better. Put 1 Tbsp of the oil into the bottom of an oven-safe roasting pan, spreading it around a little. Pile all your cut fries in there and drizzle the other Tbsp all over the top of the fries. Put the brown sugar and however much spices you want over it too. With your hand or a pair of tongs, mix it all around until the fries are evenly coated with everything.
- Roast at 400 F for a half hour, take them out and mix them all up again. Not with your hands this time, unless you want to make a trip to the emergency burn ward. Once they're mixed up again, put them back into the oven to continue roasting for another half hour.
- Ding! After that, they'll be done and you'll have the most awesomest side dish evarrr!!!
The Cookchefmal Brooklyn, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!