Creamy Cheesy EnchiladasFrom mrcooksalot 6 years ago
- 1 lb grilled chicken breast, diced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped after grilled shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese and 1/2 cup Requesón: shopping list
- A loose, ricotta-like cheese, this variety is most often sold in the markets wrapped in fresh corn husks. shopping list
- 1/2 cup queso fresco (A spongy white cheese, used to crumble over top shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2-4 fresh roasted Hatch chilis Chopped after grill roasted shopping list
- 2 roma tomatos diced shopping list
- For those who like KICK this is where you add the jalapeno peppers shopping list
How to make it
- On meium high heat, grill chicken green chilis and onion until chicken is just done.
- Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
- Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese and chopped tomatos(baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
- Top with dollop of sour cream, salsa fresca or pico de gallo! Yum
- Serve with a side of black beans with onions and Mexican rice.
- Disfrute! (ENJOY)
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
The Rating2 people
Well, you figured me out :) I do have a thing for mexican food! Im in love with it, and the culture in general. I love all the different kinds of peppers, and ways to use them! But these enchiladas sound fantastic, and these will be put on this w...moresharebear1 in Coon Rapids loved it
I made these for dinner last night and they were fabulous!! I used my recipe for Mexican roasted chicken, threw it in the crockpot and came home and assembled it from there. I love the sauce, so creamy and delicious. I took pics with my phone since ...moresharebear1 in Coon Rapids loved it
These are definitely creamy! That sour cream sauce is great! Husband called me from work the next night just to tell me how good they were ;) More here: moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!