Brown Sugar ChickenFrom NCcook22 4 years ago
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken (I used 4 drumsticks & 4 thighs) shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar (I used cider vinegar) shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda or ginger ale (I used 7 up) shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy or hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chicken pieces in the slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- PREP NOTES: My chicken pieces were ready in about 5 hours so check for done-ness after about 5. If you want a thicker sauce, remove the chicken and combine equal parts cornstarch and cooking liquid (about 3-4) tablespoons each in a small bowl, mix, and then whisk into the cooking liquid.
The CookNCcook22 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!