Cream Of Spinach And Mushroom SoupFrom otterpond 3 years ago
- 16 oz baby portabella mushrooms shopping list
- 4 cups Organic baby spinach shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth (canned) shopping list
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp shallots shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme, Dried shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg, Ground shopping list
How to make it
- Saute minced shallot (1 shallot is about 2 tbsp) and pressed garlic in melted butter. Add thinly sliced mushrooms and thyme then reduce heat to until mushrooms are softened.
- Add chicken broth. Stir well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add well chopped baby spinach and increase heat until boils.
- Reduce heat, add heavy cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper See Photo. Stir continuously so as not to let the bottom of the pan scorch while the heat comes back down.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/cream-spinach-mushroom-soup/