Apricot-Espresso Glazed Roast Pork LoinFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1 3 lb. boneless pork loin,trimmed shopping list
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 c apricot preserves shopping list
- 2 TB instant espresso powder shopping list
- 2 TB Dijon mustard shopping list
- 4 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 c chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375' Line roasting pan with foil.
- Tie kitchen string around pork in 2 or 3 places so it doesn't flatten during roasting. Rub oil,salt,pepper all over the pork. Place in prepared pan.
- Roast pork,turning once,for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile,combine apricot preserves,espresso powder,Worcestershire,mustard,garlic and cloves in a small saucepan;bring to boil over med-high heat,stirring frequently. Cook 1 min,stirring constantly,then remove from heat.
- After pork has cooked 30 mins,brush all over with 1/2 c glaze.(leave remaining glaze in pan). Continue roasting until thermometer reisters 140',20-40 mins more.
- Transfer pork to cutting board and let rest 10 mins. Slice pork
- Meanwhile add broth to remaining glaze in pan. Bring to simmer over med. heat. Simmer till thickened slightly about 5 mins. Serve with pork.
- There is a 20 min cooking range for pork because thickness can vary-do not overcook.