Slow Cooked Chili Wings And RiceFrom keni 2 years ago
- 3-3 1/2lbs chicken wings shopping list
- 28oz crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 14oz tomato sauce(I used Mexican hot tomato sauce) shopping list
- 6oz chopped jalapenos or mild chilies(canned , undrained or fresh is fine) shopping list
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- juice from 2 limes shopping list
- 1T dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4c chili powder shopping list
- 2T smoked paprika shopping list
- 2t ground coriander shopping list
- 2t ground cumin shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 3-4 cups cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients other than wings and rice in bowl of slow cooker. Mix well.
- Add chicken wings and stir to cover the wings with the sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. You want chicken done, but not falling apart.
- When done, carefully remove chicken wings with tongs and place in roasting pan or a cooling rack over a cookie sheet. See Photo
- Baste with the sauce and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes until sauce thickens and creates more of a crusty glaze on the wings.*
- Meanwhile, add rice to the tomato sauce mixture and let heat on high, with the lid off, while wings are baking. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve a bowl of the chili rice alongside the wings.
- *this step is optional