Thai Red Curry ChickenFrom chuckieb 2 years ago
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (I buy 'light') shopping list
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste (I've gone heavy-handed with this and it's totally okay! shopping list
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1" cubes shopping list
- 1 cup very thinly sliced carrots (make little matchsticks) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp. palm or brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp.fresh lime juice or tamarind paste shopping list
- 4 lime leaves, center vein removed, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet Thai basil leaves shopping list
- 2 fresh red chilies, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In a wok or large fry pan, heat the coconut milk over medium-high heat. Add curry paste.
- Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken and carrots.
- Stir in stock, fish sauce, sugar, chilies, and tamarind paste.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook, stirring freqently, for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Stir in lime leaves and Thai basil.