Green Soup With Lemon And PecorinoFrom laika 4 years ago
- 2 leeks, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely grated pecorino romano shopping list
- zest of one small lemon shopping list
- sliced toasted almonds for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot and sautee the leeks and garlic until they soften (do not allow the leeks to color).
- Add the broccoli and zucchini and sautee for a few minutes, just until the vegetables start to turn bright green. Season with salt and pour in just enough water to cover.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the parsley and remove from heat.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender; then whisk in the pecorino.
- Just before serving stir in most of lemon zest and a small squeeze of lemon juice, if you like. Serve garnished with the almonds and additional lemon zest.
The Cooklaika New York, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!