Spicy Roasted CarrotsFrom christinem 4 years ago
- 4 or 5 large carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally (I like them a little thick - almost 1/2" thick) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 tsp honey shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock (or water) shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place carrots and garlic in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, garam masala, white pepper, salt, honey and stock/water. Pour over carrots and toss to coat.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve.
- Note: I like to use white pepper because it has a little more "heat" than black - you can sub black or even add some crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne if you like it spicy!