Vanilla Bean Apple CrispFrom doreenfish 3 years ago
- 1/3 c sugar shopping list
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise shopping list
- 2 1/4 lb granny smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- pinch of ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 c all purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 c sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 c chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- caramel topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place sugar in large bowl. Using small sharp knife, scrape seeds from vanilla bean into sugar. Rub mixture with fingertips to distribute seeds. Add next 4 ingredients; toss well. Transfer to 8-inch square glass baking dish. Place dish on prepared baking sheet. Bake until apples are tender and beginning to turn golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven; stir apples.
- Blend flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in processor. Add butter and cut in, using on/off turns, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over apples, spreading evenly. Bake crisp until topping is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool crisp 10 minutes.Pour on the caramel and devour!!
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
The Rating2 people
YUMMY!!! Can't wait to make it.teddybear601 in Windom loved it
I was looking for a recipe to use the beautiful Granny Smith Apples we have right now. I ran across this one. I haven't had Apple Crisp since I was a kid. ( a very long time ago! ) It was perfect! It was so good in fact, that we ate 80 percent of it ...moredennydca in Las Vegas loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!