Crock Pot Corned Beef And CabbageFrom wynnebaer 3 years ago
- 2 stalks celery, halved shopping list
- 4 carrots shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut in 4 wedges shopping list
- 4 to 6 red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 1 4-pound corned beef brisket shopping list
- 12-ounce bottle stout or dark ale shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corned beef spices or pickling spices (or spices that come with the brisket) shopping list
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Place celery, carrots, onion and potatoes in the bottom of a large slow-cooker or crock pot. Rinse the corned beef brisket and place over vegetables. Add the bottle of stout, spices and enough water to just cover the meat. Cover and cook on LOW for eight to nine hours.
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the pot and cover with foil to keep warm. Increase heat to high and cook cabbage until softened but still crispy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup drained prepared horseradish
- dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper to tast
- Whip cream to soft peaks and then fold in sour cream and horseradish, to taste. Season with salt, pepper and a dash of hot sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating1 people
Nice one! I made mine very similarly but with 2 bottles of beer, tiny gold potatoes, and added the cabbage at the last hour (left out the other vegetables this time). Served with mustard too :-)DetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!