Stuffed Parmesan Crusted Chicken - Like LonghornsFrom radd 6 years ago
- 6 chicken breasts shopping list
- Hidden Valley Packet of dry ranch dressing mix (Already made doesnt taste the same) shopping list
- (1 cup milk, 1 cup Mayo, 2-3 Cups parmesan cheese Grated, 2 pinches basil, black pepper, salt) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 18 Pieces provolone cheese shopping list
- 3 pieces of bread shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Flour shopping list
- 2 Clove Garlic crushed shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- basil shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- Optional: Cooked whole leaf spinach seasoned in garlic salt, Garlic and pepper. shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Hidden Valley ranch dressing( NOT DIP) by mixing 1 cup milk, 1 cup Mayo See Photo. Set in fridge for 30 minutes. Remove 1/2 Cups of the Dressing . Now add to Remaning dressing 2 Cups Parmesan Cheese Grated, 2 pinches Basil, 2 Garlic crushed, and Black pepper.
- Prepare chicken by slicing the chicken like a sub sandwich See Photo. Season lightly with black pepper and basil. Cook in a skillet till chicken are lightly browned on each side and completely cooked then set into a lightly greased baking dish See Photo. Start oven on broil for later cooking. Once chicken is cooked and removed from skillet add about 1 tablespoons of olive oil and butter and 2 cloves garlic crushed. Saute for a few min on low heat till brown then add the flour. Once flour is mixed in add about 1/3 cup white wine and deglaze the skillet. Let simmer for a min mixing constantly then add 1/2 cup chicken broth. Season with some black pepper salt basil. Stiron low heat till sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Now Prepare your bread crumbs. Toast 3 pieces of bread in a toaster till dark brown on each side. Cut off crust and discard. Now cut bread into really thin strips and finish by cutting the strips the other direction making crumbs See Photo. Toss crumbs into a bowl with about 3 – 4 table spoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon oregano and basil, ½ teaspoon of pepper and salt, and ½ tablespoon of parsley dried and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese See Photo. Mix well and set aside.
- After chicken has cooled a bit Take the sauce we made in the skillet and add it to the baking dish so it sits on the bottom of the baking dish. Now add 1 piece of provolong and a spoon of the dressing into the inside of the chicken about 1-1/2 tablespoons. Now cover each piece of chicken with the dressing, then cover the dressing with 2 pieces of provolone cheese See Photo. Top the provolong with the Bread crumb mixture.
- With oven now preheated to broil. Cook for about 3-6 min watching till tops are browned but not burnt. See Photo
- Serve chicken on the sauce you made from deglazing the skillet.
- Compliments of Joe Lambert