Pancetta And Chard Pasta With Creamy Tomato SauceFrom crainny 3 years ago
- 1 lb pasta, such as rotini, farfalle, fuscilli, etc, cooked according to instructions. shopping list
- 1/4 lbs pancetta, cut into .5 inch squares, about 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 3 large shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 roasted peppers, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 bunch of chard, no stems, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1-2 sprigs of thyme shopping list
- salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup stock or white cooking wine shopping list
- 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- dry basil flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Put pancetta pieces into the skillet and toss them around for a few minutes, until fat renders and pancetta is lightly browned
- Add shallots and garlic and saute until translucent and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add thyme sprig and chard, saute for another 3-4 minutes until chard is wilted and releases juices.
- Add roasted peppers, saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock and chopped tomatoes, stir well, reduce heat and let the mix simmer for about 5-6 minutes or so, until flavors are all well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Discard thyme sprig
- Pour in cream, a little bit at a time (but no more than a cup) into the sauce and stir, until it reaches your desired color. I like it bright orange. Don't overdo cream, better err on the lesser side.
- Sprinkle some dry basil flakes over, heat through and simmer for a minute. Turn off the heat
- Drop pasta into the sauce, stir gently, grated parmesan is optional.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcrainny Prattville, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!