Pork Tenderloin, Wrapped In Puff PastryFrom Good4U 3 years ago
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed (or I buy them buttery, already rolled and frozen in sealed parchment paper, almost ready to go when thawed.) shopping list
- *I will give directions for the normal block of puff pastry. shopping list
- 2 pork tenderloins (cleaned with the silver skin removed) shopping list
- 2 tbsp Dijon or grainy mustard ( I have also used different soft flavored cheeses here, this really versatile see intro) shopping list
- Generous pinches of dried rosemary (or herb of your choice) salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp water shopping list
- *You can change this by adding chopped mushrooms, green onions, shopping list
- or anything you like with pork would be great in this. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- An oven proof tray or parchment-lined baking sheet ready.
- After unwrapping block of pastry and thawing it. Slice pastry in half. Place 1 piece on a lightly floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough so it is longer than the tenderloin. *Note if you bought already rolled puff pastry like I usually do just thaw it and put aside until ready to use.
- Take pork tenderloin and with rub in rosemary, brush Dijon all over, (or whatever you like with pork. See intro about different fillings, spice, herb you prefer ) add salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg with water. Brush over pastry edges.
- Place pork in the middle of the dough, lift sides of dough over pork overlapping slightly. Pinch along the top edge of dough and push, and roll underneath. Lightly brush ends with egg wash. Lift ends up and over pinch and turn ends in. Press folded ends into dough. Place this seam side down, on baking sheet.
- Repeat making another one with remaining ingredients (or make this one with different ones.) Cut with sharp knife 3 holes in top of each, (like a pie you can be fancy here if you want) for the steam to escape. Brush with egg wash lightly.
- Bake in center of preheated oven until golden brown. 350 F, 35 to 40 min. Let stand 5 min. before serving, cut into thick slices. If not going to use other prepared one. I leave it whole and freeze. Then reheat in oven. 350 F for approx. 40 minutes.
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!