Spicy Szechuan BeefFrom resc 4 years ago
- 500g boneless beefsteak, cut into needle-like shreds shopping list
- 1½ cups carrots, very finely shredded shopping list
- 1 cup celery, very finely shredded shopping list
- ½ cup hot green chili pepper, finely shredded shopping list
- ⅓ cup corn oil shopping list
- 8 dried hot red chili peppers shopping list
- 1 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground szechuan peppercorns shopping list
- 4 tbsp. dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. rice wine shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- ½ tsp. ginger, freshly minced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the marinade ingredients with the meat and mix well. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok until hot and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Stir-fry the carrots, celery and fresh chili pepper for 1 minute, then transfer to a serving platter.
- Wipe out the wok and add the remaining oil. Add the dried chili peppers (breaking them open and releasing their seeds will make the dish even hotter) and lower the heat.
- Stir-fry until the peppers are dark brown, then add the beef. Turn the heat to high and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until the accumulated liquid evaporates.
- Lower the heat and continue to stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the cooked vegetables. Stir and add the sesame oil and Szechuan peppercorns.
- Mix well and transfer to the serving platter. Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookresc Munich, Germany
- Not added to any groups yet!