Champagne Chicken and ShrimpFrom upstatevoyager 9 years ago
- 1 pound large shrimp (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or light cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup champagne (serve the rest at dinner!) shopping list
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Combine peeled shrimp, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides and cook until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm (I put them in a 250 degree oven).
- Add mushrooms and onion to skillet and saute until mushrooms and onion are softened. (You may need to add more butter.)
- Remove and spoon over chicken. Keep warm.
- Add shrimp and saute just until shrimp turn pink.
- Divide shrimp over chicken breasts.
- Whisk together chicken stock and flour. Add to skillet.
- Whisk over medium heat until thickened.
- Add half and half and Champagne. Cook until heated through.
- Divide pasta over 4 dinner plates.
- Top with chicken and mushrooms and shrimp.
- Spoon sauce over.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and pass the remaining Champagne.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!