Mother-in-Law Beef Stew With DumplingsFrom terribro 5 years ago
- 2 lbs. stew meat or beef roast (cut into pieces) shopping list
- 3 to 4 lbs. potatoes,peeled,cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 2 to 3 lbs. carrots,peeled,cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 16 oz. frozen corn shopping list
- 16 oz. frozen peas shopping list
- 1 Large onion Sliced or Diced shopping list
- 4 cloves Crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3 or 4 Tbsp. paprika(more or less to your preference) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 16 oz. cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tsp.Dryed sweet basil(more or less to your preference) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil shopping list
- 2 Cups water shopping list
- (Add more tomato sauce and or water if needed.) shopping list
- (You can substitute tomato puree for tomato sauce,also you can add canned tomatoes.) shopping list
- [For the dumplings] shopping list
- 2 cups Bisquick shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large Dutch Oven, add oil,meat,salt,pepper,and paprika,cook on low heat for about 8 minutes,stirring occasionally ,be sure not to scorch the paprika.Add tomato sauce,potatoes,carrots,onion,garlic,bay leaves,basil,and water.Bring to a slow boil,reduce to a simmer,simmer until carrots and potatoes are amost tender,about 2 hours,add corn and peas,bring back to a simmer.
- [For the dumplings]
- Mix the bisquick and milk together in a medium bowl,drop rounded tablespoons of the dough into simmering stew,simmer 10 minutes uncovered,cover and simmer 10 more minutes.Remove dumplings,put in serving dish.My husband likes this served on steamed white rice.
- I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookterribro Chino Hills, California
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!