Mexican Spiced Leg Of LambFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2 legs of lamb, bone in, and about 3lbs each shopping list
- juice from 2 limes shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2T honey shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 rounded T dry mustard shopping list
- 2 rounded t cumin shopping list
- 2 rounded t coriander shopping list
- 1-2t ancho, pasilla, or poblano chili powder shopping list
- 1/2-2t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 rounded T Smoked Spanish paprika(or, another high quality paprika, and add a dash of liquid smoke) shopping list
- 1T dry Mexican oregano shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients other than lamb in a medium glass bowl and whisk well.
- Place lamb in x-large zipper bag and pour marinade over roasts.
- Zip and toss to coat well.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, up to over night, turning bag a few times, if possible.
- Remove lamb from fridge 30 minutes prior to roasting.
- Remove lamb roasts from bag and place in roasting pan or on cooling rack over large metal pan. See Photo
- Roast in 350 oven for about 2 hours, or until internal temperature in the thickest part of the leg, reads at least 145. Cook to about 150-155 for medium rare.
- Let rest about 5-10 minutes before carving.