Chickpea Quinoa PattiesFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 1 cup organic quinoa, cooked shopping list
- 2 small carrots, peeled and grated shopping list
- 1 whole scallion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 (14 oz) cans organic chickpeas/ceci beans/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 large organic egg shopping list
- seasonings to taste: ground cumin, smoked paprika, Penzey's seasoned sea salt shopping list
- about 1/2 cup organic dry breadcrumbs (panko would work too) shopping list
- oil, for shallow frying shopping list
How to make it
- for Quinoa:
- Rinse quinoa a few times. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil along with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Add quinoa, partially cover, and reduce heat to med-low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 12 to 14 minutes. Cover and let stand 10-15 minutes. Fluff gently with fork. Set aside to cool.
- Place grated carrots in bowl.
- Add garbanzo beans, egg, cilantro, garlic and green onion to food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add to carrots and mix well. Add seasonings to taste. Mix in quinoa and enough breadcrumbs to a somewhat firm consistiency (you want the patty to hold up while shaping). Shape into burger sized patties (you can place in fridge until ready to pan fry them).
- Heat a little canola or olive oil in a large nonstick pan. Fry patties on each side until golden brown and crisp. Serve as a veggie burger or inside pita bread with desired condiments.