Chicken, Spinach, Mushroom, Alfredo LasagnaFrom mrcooksalot 2 years ago
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 pound button mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 7 cups milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 pound spinach, stemmed, washed, blanched and roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 cups grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for coating casserole dish shopping list
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 1 pound oven-ready lasagna sheets shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- Directions shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often until the mushrooms are browned and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and saute until soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, to make a light roux, about 2 minutes. Whisking constantly, slowly add the milk and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, 5 minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, pepper, nutmeg, spinach and 1 1/2 cups of the Parmesan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the bechamel sauce until ready to assemble the lasagna.
- Set a large, 12-inch saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Season the chicken with the Italian seasonings and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and place in the hot pan. Sear the chicken, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool and set aside. When cool, cut into bite size pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a 9 by 13 by 3-inch casserole with olive oil, and spread about 1/2 cup of the bechamel sauce on the bottom of the dish. Lay 3 sheets of pasta across the bottom of the dish and spread 3/4 cup of the bechamel sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle 1/4 of the chicken over the bechamel sauce, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the remaining Parmesan. Lay another 3 sheets of pasta over the chicken. Repeat 2 additional times with the remaining bechamel sauce, chicken, Parmesan, and pasta, ending with a layer of pasta covered with bechamel sauce. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan over the bechamel sauce and scatter the butter pieces over the top. Place the casserole on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake, uncovered, until bubbly and well browned, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Note: You may need slightly less than the entire package of lasagna noodles, depending on the pan used for the casserole. Also, you may be able to fit more than 3 pieces of pasta in each layer, depending. The pasta can be broken into smaller pieces to fill in the gaps.
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!