Canadian Shortcake BiscuitsFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda and salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tbsp buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- In separate bowl, whisk together egg and sour cream.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until mixture forms a shaggy dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface, and knead to form a smooth dough.
- Make a circle about 1” thick. Using floured cutter (or glass), cut out biscuits, re-rolling scraps.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet. Brush tops with buttermilk.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and let cool.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget556 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Luv The Snackage30 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Seasonally Summer70 members
Seasonally Spring45 members