Cherry - Lemon Divot CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp lemon extract shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 10 oz fresh or frozen pitted cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F, grease a 9" cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and stevia until thick.
- Add the melted butter, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice and beat just until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in the cherries.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake on the lowest rack of the oven for 35 minutes, then cover with foil and bake 25 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely before turning out.