Chipotle Penne Pasta Alfredo W/ Fajita ChickenFrom radd 5 years ago
- 6 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper shopping list
- 2 vidalia onion shopping list
- 2 limes shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Do not buy package seasoning ever again this recipe will make your day! shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon corn Starch shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 Crushed chicken bouillon cube - Use beef for steak shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 Heaping Teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon Chipolte seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon oregano shopping list
For the Sauce
- 3 Cups parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 Lb penne pasta noodles shopping list
- 1/2 Teasponn black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper shopping list
- 3/4 Teaspoon Chipolte seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayanne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon White pepper shopping list
- 7 cloves garlic - Crushed shopping list
- 1 QT heavy cream shopping list
Optional - For the Sauce
- 4 Oz cream cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Make your fajita seasoning. Mix all ingredients then put in a shaker.
- Dice up all your bell peppers and onions. Leave the onions seperate from the bell peppers. Skin your garlic and put to the side.
- Prep your chicken by cutting it into pieces. For thick breasts cut them in half. Never hammer on it to make it thinner! Cover one side in your fajita seasoning heavily. Get 2 skillets out and 2 pots.
- Fill one pot with Water for noodles. Get the heat working on both skillets.
- Add your chicken seasoned side down to a med-high skillet with a little olive oil. Dont worry about cooking all the chicken at once. Season the other side of the chicken. You want a golden color on the chicken maybe even a little charred. Once you finish a batch set it in a loosely covered dish. Once all the chicken is Cooked you will return all the cooked chicken to the skillet at high heat and squeeze the limes over the chicken and constantly rotate the chicken for about 5 min.
- While the chicken is cooking. Start your Onions in the other skillet on a med-high temp with a good bit of olive oil. Once the Onions loose thier firmness add the bell peppers and saute on high heat till bell peppers have lost some of thier firmness. Add the fajita seasonings about (1 1/2 teaspoons) when you add the bell peppers. If you finish them early just cut heat and set to side till you serve.
- In your pot start your water on high heat till it boils. I start it right before onions start to go limp. I add salt and olive oil to the water. Once water boils add your penne pasta noodles. When noodles finish drain and coat lightly with olive oil so the noodles dont stick to each other. Let them sit in the strainer till the alfredo sauce is done.
- A good time to start the Alfredo sauce is when you add your bell peppers to the other pan. Melt butter on a med heat, add the heavy cream then raise temp to med-high till cream boils. Once cream boils reduce heat to med and start adding your cheese. Once you get all your cheeses in there add all the spices. You can add some cream cheese to the sauce for a creamier sauce. I dont normally do this but some people enjoy it with a little cream cheese.
- So everything at this point is done for the most part. Add your noodles to the alfredo sauce and stir. Once noodles hit the pot reduce heat to low. Add extra parmesan if needed and taste. Add more of the spices if needed. This is the point where i return all the chicken to the skillet and add the lime. I re-heat the onions and peppers at this time.