Vanilla Bean PuddingFrom lanthanaas 3 years ago
How to make it
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Bring milk, vanilla bean pod and scraped seeds to a boil in a medium saucepan. If using vanilla extract, add it with the butter after cooking the pudding.
- Remove from heat and discard the vanilla bean.
- Whisk a few spoonfuls of the hot milk into the yolk mixture.
- Once the bottom of the bowl is warm, slowly whisk in the remaining hot milk.
- Pour the mixture back into a medium saucepan and whisk constantly over medium-low heat until the pudding is glossy and quite thick. About 4 minutes.
- Transfer the pudding to a clean bowl.
- Whisk in the butter (and vanilla extract, if using it).
- Press a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Before serving, whisk the pudding until soft and smooth. About 30 seconds.
- Divide into custard cups or martini glasses and serve.
- The pudding will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days with plastic wrap intact.
The Cooklanthanaas Beaverton, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!