Stuffed Chicken BreastFrom optimistic1_2 4 years ago
- 6 chicken breasts, bone and skin on shopping list
- 1 pound of mushrooms (chopped) shopping list
- 1 small onion (chopped) shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1 small red pepper (chopped fairly fine) shopping list
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach (chopped) shopping list
- olive oil (about 1 tbsp) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of finely grated asiago cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Saute onion, pepper and garlic in olive oil for about 5 min on medium heat.
- add mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring often till mushrooms are slightly brown. salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and continue to cook till spinach is wilted
- let cool.
- Add asiago cheese and mix well
- using fingers, make pockets between chicken and skin
- divide mushroom mixture between the 6 chicken breasts and stuff pockets.
- place chicken on rack in shallow roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- bake, 400 degrees for 40 minutes
- let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- When I made these I made a pan gravy and served them with garlic chive mashed potatoes, green beans and a leafy salad
The Cookoptimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!