Miso-glazed SalmonFrom littlesponger 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp hot water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp miso (soybean paste) shopping list
- 4 (6oz.) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seed shopping list
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced green onions (green parts) shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Start by mixing the first 4 ingredients (brown sugar, soy sauce, hot water, and miso) in a bowl. Stir until completely mixed.
- Set broiler on high and set rack about 6 inchs from the flame.
- Salt and pepper you fish filets on both sides. Pan Searing the salmon - Before you put your fish in the pan you want it to be very very hot to the point where it just begins to smoke. Then add enough canola oil to coat the pan evenly.
- *TIP the best pan to use for this process is a cast iron pan or a skillet that has a metal handle. This will allow you to move it from the stove top to the broiler.
- Cook your filet for about 2 minutes on each side then baste it with a coating of the miso glaze then move to the broiler. Let cook for about 3 minutes then baste the fish again with glaze.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes once the fish is nice and flakey and the glaze bubbly take it out.
- Garnish with green onion, sesame seed.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating1 people
best way for flavoring salmon I have had in many years-and the directions are greatingeorgiaforgood in Paulding County loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Asian Fusion114 members
Japanese Food290 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Easy And Delicious86 members
Team MISO Soybean Paste16 members