Baked chicken with scallions and limeFrom huckleberrypie 8 years ago
- * 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each) shopping list
- * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging shopping list
- * 5 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- * 2/3 cup minced scallions (white and tender green) shopping list
- * 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- * 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons minced lime zest shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon fine, dry bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Trim off any fat or membranes from the chicken breasts. Pound the thicker ends lightly to flatten to an even thickness.
- 2. Dredge the chicken breast in the flour; shake off any excess. In a large nonreactive skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and sauté, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. remove to a plate.
- 3. Reduce the heat to low and add the scallions and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Increase the heat to moderately high, add the wine and boil, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4. Spread half the scallion sauce in a buttered baking dish just large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer. Add the chicken and season with the salt and pepper; drizzle on the lime juice. Cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle on the lime zest, parsley, and bread crumbs. Dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- 5. Bake the chicken in the top third of the oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is white throughout but still juicy. Serve at once over fresh pasta.
The Cookhuckleberrypie Scotts Valley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!