Queso Blanco (mexican White Cheese)From sharebear1 4 years ago
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced shopping list
- 1 large jalapeno or serrano, seeds and stem removed; diced shopping list
- 12 oz white American cheese shredded shopping list
- 4 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded (don’t use pre-shredded) shopping list
- 1/4-2/3 cup cream, half-and-half, or whole milk shopping list
- 1 roma tomato, seeds removed and diced shopping list
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a saute pan. Cook the onion and pepper until softened and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the shredded cheese and 1/4 cup of the cream. Stir until mostly melted.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro, and additional cream a little at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with chips, on migas, or your favorite dish.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!