Wild Mushroom RisottoFrom deedeec 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups dried assorted wild mushrooms shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- 1-2 cup mushroom water reserved shopping list
- 3 Tbsp dried parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated, fresh Parmesan or romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Soak wild Mushrooms in boiled water for about 20 minutes. Then drain, reserving about 2 cups of mushroom water. Chop the mushrooms into a small dice/chop. Makes about 2 - 2 1/2 cups of mushrooms. Set aside both.
- In a deep heavy sauce pan, heat olive oil. Saute onion for 2-3 min til nearly softened, add garlic, saute one more minute until fragrant. Don't burn. Add rice to oil and onion mixture and stir to coat.
- Add Broth to rice and bring to a boil. When it begins to boil, turn it down to simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir frequently to keep from sticking and burning. Then add mushrooms, parsley and mushroom water. Simmer another 10minutes, stirring often. Stir in cheese, simmering and stirring until rice is tender and creamy consistency, and liquid is absorbed. (about 5 more minutes.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!