Lentil Carrot SoupFrom Good4U 2 years ago
- 2 tsp butter shopping list
- 2 large carrots, diced shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced ( I used a press) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary or thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil and green onions shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized pot, melt butter over medium heat. Saute carrots, onion, garlic, salt and rosemary for about 5 min or until onion is softened. Stir in lentils and water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and boil gently, covered, for 15 min or until lentils and carrots are soft.
- Whisk flour into milk and gradually stir into pot; increase heat to medium. Simmer, stirring, for about 3 min, until slightly thickened (do not let boil). Stir in lemon juice and season to taste with pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and serve sprinkled with basil and green onions.
- This is a perfect soup to make ahead; refrigerate for up to 2 days then reheat to pack in a thermos or heat at work or school. For the freshest flavor, add the basil and green onions just before reheating or serving.
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
The Rating1 people
Made this yesterday and it was so good. Will use for New Year's Day also as lentils are an Italian tradition on that day. Will make many times before then I am sure. Thanks for a super recipe.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!