Quinoa-veggie BurgerFrom tlbnitz 3 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (about 2 cups cooked) shopping list
- 1 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 227 g pkg cremini mushrooms, coarsely grated (1 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini shopping list
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated carrot shopping list
- 1 small shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 3 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, omitting salt, about 14 min. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a large, wide non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, shallot and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 min. Add to quinoa.
- Stir in egg, cornstarch, salt and cayenne.
- Heat the same non-stick frying pan over medium. Firmly press quinoa mixture into a 1/2-cup measuring cup.
- Turn and release into pan. Gently press to shape into a patty about 4 in. wide.
- Repeat, cooking 2 patties at a time. Cook until golden and warmed through, about 4 min per side. Top with tahini sauce and roasted plum tomatoes
The Cooktlbnitz Calgary, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!