RatatouilleFrom Cherrill 4 years ago
- These amounts are a guidline only - you can mess about with the quantities. shopping list
- 2 onions shopping list
- 1 large eggplant (aubergine), unpeeled shopping list
- 2 or 3 zucccini (courgettes), unpeeled shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper shopping list
- 6 - 8 tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- A little water, if needed - depends on how juicy the tomatoes are. shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and chop the onions
- Chop the eggplant
- Slice the zuccini
- Deseed and chop the peppers
- Peel and chop the tomatoes (plunging them in hot water for 30 seconds makes the skins come off easily)
- Peel and crush the garlic
- Don't chop too finely - half inch cubes minimum and 1/4" slices for the zuccini
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, saucepan or stove top casserole dish
- Add the garlic and onions and fry until soft but not brown
- Add all the other veg and keep turning them in the pan until softening and the tomatoes are releasing their juice.
- If the mixture is dry, add a little water
- Simmer until tender - about 30 minutes - adding a little more water if required. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- My family loves ratatouille. If freezes well and it's delicious as a chunky sauce spooned over roasting chicken pieces, about ten minutes before the end of cooking time, or baked with grated cheese on top.
- I know these instructions are a bit wordy - but it's easy to make.
The CookCherrill Pizarra, Spain
- Not added to any groups yet!