Steamed Buns (baozi/pao) Basic Yeast DoughFrom Yinhomemade 4 years ago
- yeast Dough ingredients shopping list
- A shopping list
- 500g pau flour,sifted shopping list
- ½ tbsp instant yeast shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 100g sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp shortening shopping list
- 240g water shopping list
- B shopping list
- 1 tbsp double action baking powder shopping list
- Supreme Big Pao Fillings : shopping list
- A slice of chopped ginger shopping list
- 500g shredded chicken breast/pork shopping list
- 200g yambean sliced into small pieces shopping list
- 6 mushrooms (soaked and sliced) shopping list
- 6 Hard boiled eggs (shelled and cut into ½) shopping list
- marinade for meat : （30 minutes） shopping list
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp soya sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules (optional) shopping list
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- ¼ tsp pepper, 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp corn flour shopping list
How to make it
- Dough making:
- 1. Mix all the ingredients A together and knead into smooth and elastic dough.
- 2. Cover with a piece of wet cloth and leave to prove until double its size.
- 3. Sift B top of the dough and knead well to distribute the baking powder until the dough is smooth again.
- 4. Cover and allow dough to rest for 15 minutes before shaping.
- 1. Heat oil in a pan and saute the ginger till fragrant. Add in marinated meat and mushrooms and stir fry till aromatic.
- 2. Add in yambean (sengkuang) stir well and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Taste and dish up and leave to cool and chill in the fridge for 3 hours. Divide into 12 portions.
- 3. Divide dough 12 portions and shape balls.
- 4. Flatten, roll into a round shape and add 1 tbsp of filling and pleat the top into a pau.
- 5. Line pau with a piece of white paper and let it prove again for another 15 minutes.
- 6. Steam pau with high heat for about 15 minutes or until the pau is cooked.
- 7. Serve hot.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!