King Ranch ChickenFrom pleclare 2 years ago
- 4 skinned,and boned chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp blk pepper shopping list
- 2 TB butter shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper,chopped shopping list
- 1 med. onion,chopped shopping list
- 1 (10 -1/2oz) cans cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 (10-1/2 oz) cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies shopping list
- 12 (6") corn tortillas,cut in quarters shopping list
- 2 c (8oz) shredded cheddar cheese,divided shopping list
- Garnish-flat leaf parsley sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper;place in lightly greased 13 x 9' baking dish.
- Bake at 350' for 20 mins or till done;cool. Coarsely chop chicken.
- 3 Melt butter in largr skillet over med. heat;add bell pepper and onion and saute until crisp tender. Remove from heat,stir in chicken ,tomatoes,and green chilies and soups.
- 4. Place 1/3rd of tortilla quarters in bottom of lightly greased 13x9" baking dish;top with 1/3rd chicken mixture and sprinkle evenly with 2/3 c cheese. Repeat layers twice,reserving last 2/3 c cheese
- 5. Bake at 325' for 35 mins.;sprinkle with reserved cheddar cheese and bake 5 mins. Let stand 5 mins before serving...